The Benefits of Digital Dental x-rays for children
Dental x-rays have been an essential part of providing dental care for many decades. There are many parts of your child’s teeth and jaw that are not visible to the naked eye. And x-rays enable us to see what is happening beneath the surface to effectively treat any developing issues before they become more complex, painful, and costly. At Mona Dental for Kids in Spring, Texas, we have invested in the latest digital dental x-ray technology because it offers several advantages over traditional film x-rays.
Benefits of digital x-rays for kids
Your child’s health and wellness are essential to us. We are committed to doing everything we can to minimize their radiation exposure and ensure that they have a comfortable and positive experience receiving their dental care. Digital dental x-rays are one tool that we use to help us achieve these goals! Digital x-rays are:
- Safer: Compared to traditional x-rays, digital x-rays expose your child to up to 80 percent less radiation.
- Comfortable: With our digital x-ray technology, your child does not need to bite down on the traditional plastic-covered films that can cause pain and irritation.
- Fast: The results from the x-rays are immediately available, so you and your child do not have to wait for the film to develop, and your time in the office is reduced.
- More detailed: Dr. Houshiar can manipulate the x-ray images on the computer, enlarging them and focusing on specific areas of concern as needed to help diagnose and treat your child. She can also easily show the images to you and your child chairside to better understand what’s occurring in your child’s mouth.
- Better for the environment: Digital x-rays eliminate the need for harmful chemicals to process the film and eliminate waste.
The latest technologies for better care
At Mona Dental for Kids, we are committed to using the latest dental technologies and techniques because they enable us to provide better, safer care for your child. We are proud to serve families in the Spring, Tomball, Woodlands, Champions, Conroe, and neighboring TX communities and invite you to experience the difference in the care we provide. Call us today at (832) 617-1111 to schedule your child’s appointment!